Wednesday 25 May 2011

A general update for those who have missed me

My, how much has happened since my last post. Not, of course, that Wolves of the Sea didn’t have its metaphorical finger on the cultural pulse, last week’s Eurovision Song Contest being a phenomenal work of musical genius the likes of which can be matched only (and even then just barely) by the wonders of Rebecca Black’s “Friday”.

What else? … of course, there was the royal wedding, a time of jubilation throughout the land whilst the government blew millions on the happy union of a balding toff and a “commoner” with enough gleaming tresses for the two of them. I launched into the festivities with gusto and have recently finished knitting my very own Wills and Kate, complete with a fully accurate rendition of Kate’s iconic gown as designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen (“YAY!” squeaked the commentator, with suave professionalism, later adding, “This is such a fashion moment.”)

There is always the possibility that I will improve Wills’ jacket by adding gold stuff and buttons, but, then again, there is the very real possibility that I won’t. The other important thing I’ve forgotten is, of course, Kate’s engagement ring.

I have great tidings: more posts are coming! More posts! So stay tuned for a fabulous fashion competition and some droplets of wisdom from a somewhat unlikely source… (oooh, mysterious…)

1 comment:

  1. I am intrigued by the fair bride's posture. While one hand is tangled in her tresses, she appears to be trying to pickpocket her new hubbie with the other. I take the bland smile to be a devilish cunning decoy. It is notable too that her feminine wiles seem to be working, because he looks unaware of what's going on. Or just indifferent (what's mine is yours)? Perhaps you should knit him some eyelids so that he can nod off while she waves to the crowds?

    ReplyDelete